After the day I’ve had today, I’ve come to a few conclusions.
- The Universe is a small dog, whose favourite game is “You Can’t Have It.”
- Writer’s Block is not, in fact, a solid. It’s a Non-Newtonian Fluid. The more you push against it, the more it pushes back.
- Everything I write makes me sound like a Vogon.
- My creative impulse has been listening to Morrissey when the rest of me is asleep. Either that or someone left Viva Hate, Your Arsenal, and Vauxhall and I on continuous repeat in the Restaurant at the End of the Universe and I’m picking up on it.
- There’s a pint of Guinness somewhere with my name on it. And I’m going to find it, try to forget this stupid-frustrating day, and everything about it.
Perhaps tomorrow I’ll post something substantive. Until then, my Muse wishes you a good night…